Re: dpkg-1.9.18 man page translation

Previously Andre Luis Lopes wrote:
>     Please, bug me if this isn't the right place to post this kind of thing.
>     I'm going to translate all the manual pages from the dpkg package to
> brazilian portuguese (pt_BR). I've already apt-get source'd dpkg and I guess
> that everything needed is here.

Please translate the current CVS sources instead, they are a bit
more up to date.

>     However, before starting to translate I'd like to make sure if there is
> something different I should be doing or some utility which will generate the
> man pages for translation, much like debconf does using perldoc.

They will be generated from docbook at some point, but not at the
moment.

Wichert.

 /wichert@wiggy.net         This space intentionally left occupied \
| wichert@deephackmode.org            http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |