Re: dpkg was interrupted, you must MANUALLY *what*...????

wichert@wiggy.net (Wichert Akkerman) writes:

> Previously Paul Seelig wrote:
> > Why, oh WHY do i have to do things manually when the computer used for
> > running programs could easily do such trivial things by itself?
>
> Complain to deity@lists.debian.org, not debian-dpkg.

I did.  But on second thought:

This happened to me as well a few times before using exclusively a
failing "dpkg -i foo_08-15_i386.deb" (reason: disk full) and it can
easily be reproduced by simply pressing ctrl-c during install.

I guess, that rather makes it a dpkg problem which dpkg hopefully
should learn to handle by itself instead of bothering the user with
manual tinkering.  If a normal admin-user has no other choice fixing
stuff anyway other than doing what dpkg demands, it could rather do it
all by itself instead of bothering the user-admin with this.

I use a computer for making it do all the stuff i don't want to be
bothered with.  But programs need to be cooperative in this regard.

                               Cheers, P. *8^)