dpkg Database

Hello,

I am running Debian 2.2r2 on a i386 machine.  When I came into work
yesterday, I was going to update some packages.  I kept getting errors
when trying to use dpkg stated "/var/lib/dpkg/status file or directory
not found".  I did a cd /var/lib and then dir.  The entire dpkg
directory is gone.  Is there any way to rebuild this without wiping out
my entire installation and starting over?  Thanks in advance for any
help.

Brad Pfautsch
Web NT/Linux Administrator/Vignette Developer
Falk Harrison Creative
mailto:bpfautsch@falkharrison.com