Re: more details, and diff for ia64

On 17-Jan-01, 17:13 (CST), Gordon Sadler <gbsadler1@lcisp.com> wrote:

> No expert here, but I seemed to have read way too much source code
> lately. IIRC string.h/strings.h needs to be determined via a
> configuration option to be fully portable.

You've probably been reading too much very old source code. The ISO C
standard (and thus POSIX, by reference) is <string.h>, and has been
1989. While it's clearly up to the dpkg developers, I don't see a need
for dpkg to support ancient systems.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read