Re: Dynamic registration of files to packages

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 12:29:52AM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> This fexible mechanism, dpkg-registerfile (or whatever it will be
> called) should take two arguments: the file and the package to which the
> file belongs.

Another thing to consider is whether it should register just a single
file, or a pattern of some description (a shell glob, a regexp or
something else). This would allow a package to register, say,
	/usr/lib/python*/*.py[co]
.

Another thing to consider is whether its desirable for this to be dynamic,
or whether it would be better to just mirror the debian/conffiles in
some way.

This feature would make the cruft package much more effective, fwiw.

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark