Re: recommends/suggests patch

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 06:51:46PM +0300, Michael Sobolev wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 01:19:46AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > So if you have a package in main that recommends a non-free package,
> If I understand correctly, in this case this very package from would go to
> contrib, would it not?

No, packages in main cannot _depend_ on non-main packages. They can
however suggest and recommend them. This was the whole point of Wichert's
proposed policy change for the Enhances field, and IMO, this patch gets us
very close to what he wanted a lot easier and a lot quicker (that does nto
discount the Enhances change though, it still needs to be done, but with
this patch, we get it for potato).

`     bcollins@debian.org  -  collinbm@djj.state.va.us  -  bmc@visi.net    '