Re: dpkg broken? (fwd)

Christopher C Chimelis <chris@classnet.med.miami.edu> writes:

> On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>
> > I have heard of this serveral times in different contexts, some
> > claim only a single file will not install, this guy says alot of
> > them. Could someone perhaps investigate?
>
> It's a known situation.

Ehm, Chris this has nothing to do with chown/lchown, that produces a
quite different error message.  It is a known problem though, see the
bug archives (sorry, I can't be more accurate than that offhand); IIRC
IWJ said it was a bug in some parent process of dpkg and not dpkg
itself.

--
James
"Never trust trucks"