Re: PROPOSAL: dpkg-logger and related

Ben Collins <bmc@it.larc.nasa.gov> writes:
> On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 03:06:44PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:

> > One fix would be to make dpkg-logger pause after outputting any messages to
> > stdout.

> There is no fix needed. replace echo with dpkg-logger and pause for return
> key as usual.

Wouldn't it be better to have an option to dpkg-logger meaning, 'wait
for a return key after displaying the message'?

Then a replacement dpkg-logger could decide to *not* wait for the
return key (e.g., because it's 3am and we're a cron job and there
is really noone nearby to press that silly return key).

--
Henning Makholm
http://www.diku.dk/students/makholm