Lost installed packages information...can't install anything

After loosing my var filesystem can't install anything using dselect,
Can I rebuild the installed software database so I don't overwrite what I
already have working OK ?
What is the structure for the /var/lib/dpkg... ? How to rebuild it ?

These are the messages I get

Looking for part 1 of dpkg-perl ...
/var/lib/dpkg/methods/mnt/debian/dists/stab ...
Running dpkg -iB for dpkg-perl ...
(Reading database ... 0 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking dpkg-perl (from .../devel/dpkg-perl_0.1-2hamm1.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing
/var/lib/dpkg/methods/mnt/debian/dists/stable/main/binar.....
 unable to create updated files list file for package dpkg-perl: No such
file o

/var/lib/dpkg/methods/mnt/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/devel/dpkg-pe
rl

installation script returned error exit status 1

Please answer to my email, I'm not in the list ,

Thanks, Hugo Quintero