Re: Uploaded dpkg 1.4.0.29 (source i386 all) to master

On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 04:15:29PM +0200, jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 09:43:45AM -0400, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> > I have extensive strace and gdb info, but nothing was conclusive.  I'm
> > about to test a new binutils which fixes TONS of problems for us and
> > hopefully will fix this as well.

Which binutils? 2.9.1.0.13? And if so, is there going to be a package
of it?  It has a fair number of powerpc fixes too I am told.

> > I basically need two things from you in the meantime :-)  First, can
> > you think of anything at all that was added between .24 and .27 (the first
> > version after .24 that was tested...my machine was out of service and
> > nobody else could get it to compile) that might apply to this problem?
> > Also, is there any way to get the source to .24 (CVS?) just in case?

Well, as the fiend responsible for two or three of those intermediate
versions - the only two internals changes were for fixing --root up and
for supporting lchown() when it is available.  If neither of those is
the problem, I don't know what could be.

Dan