Re: dpkg non-non maintainer release

On Thu, Sep 03, 1998 at 09:45:11AM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> dpkg has just arrived at the top of my worklist.  I plan to build and
> upload a version of dpkg myself, for a number of reasons:
>
> 1. I want to be sure that I can do it.

Good luck :)

The one thing I really believe that dpkg needs right now is the concept
of a versioned Provides:.  It would return equivs to a usable state,
and also allow protocol/policy based numbering -

Provides: mail-transport-agent (2.0)

for example.

Let me know if any of my changes confuse you - I did the last three
non-experimental NMUs.

Dan