Re: PING: Status Query

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Raul Miller wrote:

> Where is the best place to look for current notes on the structure
> of dpkg?  [I'm aware of the stuff in apt, but I'm wondering if there's
> work of that quality on the data structures, relations or the application
> logic?]

The reply I got last time I was looking at this was 'Read the source
Luke'..

Anyhow, I think there is a PS document/picture showing the overall
structure of dpkg, I have not seen it but someone mentioned it to me. APT
has a 'dpkg-tech' doc describing the external things of dpkg, what
directories, files and so on it uses.

When I spoke with Ian he suggested reading a header file that had all the
state information I belive it was called dpkg-db.h (I would say this is
ruffly the same purpose as APT's cache)

Maybe someone else can give you some more pointers, that's all I know off
the top of my head.

Jason