Re: Release Time

> On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Dale Scheetz wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Brian White wrote:
> >
> > > What do you guys think of releasing 2.0 by the end of next week?
> > >
> > That's the 24th right?
> >
> > Can we get the last kinks out of the install disks by then?
>
> There's still a problem with the multi-cd images and dselect's cdrom
> method; this is what happened to me:
>
> - put the main cd in the cdrom drive and started dselect.
> - choose the cdrom method
> - configure it (setup the file locations on the cdrom)
>   - specify archive root; default is fine
>   - specify main dir; default is fine
>   - specify contrib dir; now there's a problem:
>
> The default is not accepted because dselect can't find the Packages file.
> That's right because it is on a different cd.  So I have to fill in "none"
> to get any further at all, but that means that I will have to reconfigure
> dselect for each different cd image.  IMHO rerunning update and install is
> an acceptable kludge for now, but having to reconfigure the cdrom method
> for every new cd is not.

Would including the directories, and Packages files on all CD's do the trick ?

So the contrib directory and Packages file would be on the binary-<arch> CD,
but none of the packages files would --- would the fact that the packages are
missing break things, or would you get to swap CD's around and have it just
pick up whatever was available ?

Cheers, Phil.