Re: RFR: release notes update on golang security support

On Vi, 28 mai 21, 05:43:26, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Paul Gevers wrote:
> >>
> >> Missing R in libRaries!  (But why in quotes?  Should that be
> >> <emphasis>?)
> >
> > These are not libraries in the c-library sense. Can you elaborate when
> > <emphasis>, I don't know what it would mean to me in this place.
>
> Well, Perl modules aren't quite libraries in the C-library sense,
> either, but we still treat them as library packages.  If these ones
> will have package names beginning with lib-, I'd call them libraries
> without scarequotes.  If they're libraries needed only to build
> software, rather than at runtime, should we perhaps be saying:
>
>  +	  If updates are warranted for Go development libraries,

Hi Justin,

It might be useful for us non-native English speakers if you could
elaborate on the appropriate use of (scare)quotes[1].

For what it's worth, in this particular case I also believe they are not
needed or could even twist the meaning, though I can't quite explain
why.

[1] at one point we should probably collect all of these in a style
guide somewhere. Maybe just a .md file in git would be sufficient as a
start?

Kind regards,
Andrei