Re: Minor suggestion for release-notes

Holger Wansing wrote:
> I would suggest this change:
>

>   By subscribing to the Debian announcement mailing list, you will receive a

I don't much like this, though I'm not sure it matters: pedantically,
you don't receive notifications by subscribing, you receive them by
being/remaining subscribed.  Alternatives include:
 If you subscribe the d-a ML you will receive a notification [...]
 Subscribe to the d-a ML to receive a notification [...]
 Subscribers to the d-a ML will receive a notification [...]

>   notification every time Debian makes a new release. Such as when bullseye

(Why is there a full stop here?  A comma would do.)

> - changes from e.g. stable to oldstable.
> + changes from e.g. testing to stable.

(Given that this sentence introduced itself as an example, the "e.g."
seems a bit redundant.)

> because this chapter reads about releasing Bullseye as a new Debian version.
> And that's the process of turning "testing" into "stable".
> (the event of "stable" being turned into "oldstable" is only a by-product IMO).
>
> I can do that change including the sync of translations, if you like.

Your suggestion does have the advantage of being easy to avoid
bothering translators for!