Bug#864206: marked as done (release-notes: Document dblatex upgrade issue [stretch])
Your message dated Tue, 6 Jun 2017 11:20:57 +0300
with message-id <20170606082057.4xeia6hz25uat2kl@localhost>
and subject line No release notes text required
has caused the Debian Bug report #864206,
regarding release-notes: Document dblatex upgrade issue [stretch]
to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact email@example.com
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Debian Bug Tracking System <email@example.com>
- Subject: release.debian.org: jessie dblatex breaks jessie-stretch dist-upgrade
- From: Andreas Hoenen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2017 10:08:12 +0200
- Message-id: <149665009274.4037.1007605580153050869.reportbug@tremalking>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I'd kindly ask you to consider a fix for BTS #863890 for the next
jessie point release:
It has been reported that jessie-stretch dist-upgrades abort because
of the dblatex postrm script failing: it calls texlive-binaries
command mktexlsr which is unavailable at this very moment.
The fix is simple, but needs to be applied to the jessie version of
dblatex. BTW, is there a final jessie point release planned to fix
such dist-upgrade problems? This would help as users are expected to
upgrade to the latest jessie point release before upgrading to
Thanks for your feedback on this, Andreas
- -- System Information:
Debian Release: 9.0
APT prefers testing
APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'stable')
Kernel: Linux 4.9.0-3-amd64 (SMP w/8 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
diff -Nru dblatex-0.3.5/debian/changelog dblatex-0.3.5/debian/changelog
--- dblatex-0.3.5/debian/changelog 2014-12-07 15:10:52.000000000 +0100
+++ dblatex-0.3.5/debian/changelog 2017-06-05 09:35:43.000000000 +0200
@@ -1,3 +1,14 @@
+dblatex (0.3.5-3) stable; urgency=high
+ * Remove the call of command "mktexlsr" in postrm:
+ + It has been reported for some installations to result in upgrade errors
+ when dist-upgrading from jessie to stretch due to the command being
+ temporarily unavailable when dblatex postrm is called.
+ + It is superfluous: mktexlsr gets called via a trigger anyway.
+ Closes: #863890
+ -- Andreas Hoenen <email@example.com> Mon, 05 Jun 2017 09:35:43 +0200
dblatex (0.3.5-2) unstable; urgency=low
diff -Nru dblatex-0.3.5/debian/postrm dblatex-0.3.5/debian/postrm
--- dblatex-0.3.5/debian/postrm 2012-05-03 20:40:15.000000000 +0200
+++ dblatex-0.3.5/debian/postrm 2017-06-05 09:35:43.000000000 +0200
@@ -19,42 +19,10 @@
case "$1" in
- # A call to 'mktexlsr' is needed to unregister the dblatex TeX files
- # in the TeX database '/var/lib/texmf/ls-R-TEXMFMAIN'.
- # This call won't do any harm even if it might be superfluous in
- # special postrm cases, but it may take some time.
- # Thus a performance optimization can be applied to the main case
- # of successful package upgrade:
- # As the new version's postinst script will register the new version's
- # dblatex TeX files in the TeX database, the old version's files that
- # have vanished in the new version will be unregistered implicitly then.
- # Thus in the case of successful upgrade to another dblatex version
- # supporting the TeX (de)registration the deregistration call can be
- # left out as a superfluous duplicate.
- if test "$1" = upgrade -a -n "$2" && \
- dpkg --compare-versions "$2" ge 0.1.9-3
- true # Unregistration will be executed implicitly by
- # 'new-postinst configure'.
- mktexlsr /usr/share/texmf # Unregister dblatex TeX files in TeX.
- # TeX unregistration has already been executed before.
- # (Besides that mktexlsr is not guaranteed to be available at purge
- # as it belongs to a non-essential package.)
# Remove dblatex configuration directory.
rm --recursive --force /etc/dblatex
- echo "postrm called with unknown argument \`$1'" >&2
- exit 1
# dh_installdeb will replace this with shell code automatically
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Andreas identified the underlying problem of the upgrade problem and a
fixed package will be in stretch, no release notes text is required.
"Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed
--- End Message ---