Re: Last part of the proposed changes to debian-faq

Hi,

Beatrice Torracca <beatricet@libero.it> wrote:
> On Saturday 04 June 2016, at 12:23 +0100, Justin B Rye wrote:
> >    as it depends on your software needs and your experience in system
> >    administration. Here are some tips:
> >
> > Or maybe:

> >    as it depends on your software needs, your willingness to deal with possible
> >    breakage, and your experience in system administration. Here are some tips:
>
> Yes, I imagined it was including the scenario where there are several users
> and one sysadmin (even in a house PC there could be someone more PC-savy,
> I guess) who of course would be the one asking the question.
>
> I will use your first suggestion in my proposed patch and Holger or the
> maintainer of the document can decide on this.

Yes, +1 for the first variant.

> > >  linux system 'feels' etc., Knoppix is good for demonstration purposes while
> >    ^
> > Linux has a capital letter.  In these days of Linux-based Android
> > devices I would prefer to credit the "feel" to "GNU/Linux".
>
> On this (GNU/Linux) I will let others decide.

+1 for GNU/Linux

> > This paragraph spells "organi?ation" inconsistently.  Is the FAQ
> > localised or localized?

organization is American english, right?
In another situation we have also changed words to match American english.

> I suspect half localised and half localized, as it often happens when
> more than one ppl work on the same document in the course of several
> years :)
>
> I will spell organization consistently in this paragraph in my patch.

+1.

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   8 . 0   " J E S S I E " .