Re: Debian Hard Disk Install Documentation

Well, for example, the filenames for the kernel and initrd in section 4.4 and section 5.1 are incorrect: in the distribution I installed yesterday I think these files are "linux" and "initrd.img" instead of "vmlinuz" and "initrd.gz". So since these filenames can differ it seems to me that there should at least be a mention of the possible filenames and how to adapt lilo/grub configuration for each particular case.

Another thing I found very unclear is that in 5.1.4. it says "download and place the files needed as described in section 4.4". But in paragraph 4.4 it does not mention /where/ to download these files. Instead it says that in paragraph 5.1.4., /after/ pointing the reader to 4.4. Maybe it is a good idea to first point the user to the files to download, and then explain how to put these files in /boot?

So that is quite confusing and I'd like to get a chance to rewrite these things to be a bit more clear. Can I maybe do a pull request on a git repo somewhere?

Greetings

--
Reindert-Jan Ekker
reindert@rjekker.nl