Re: manpages.debian.net issues?

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 04:29:06AM -0500, Robert W. Oliver II wrote:
> Just to check, here - do I still need to go ahead and do a build of this
> locally for testing, or is this being addressed?

FWIW, I've setup a virtual server in the Debian Spanish mirror
(ftp.es.debian.og - Right now the scripts are extracting all
manpages from the archive so that the CGI script can work.

You can (sort of) test it out by adding to your /etc/hosts this line:   manpages.debian.net

and then accessing http://manpages.debian.net/

You should get the CGI interface to answer you even though no queries can
still be made.

I'm not 100% sure that all the required redirections are working, but the
lighthttpd seems to be configured properly, and things like

should work fine  (once the manpages are all extracted from the archive).

Once I've the manpage extraction finished, I will test the server a little
bit more and try to change the DNS record to point to this IP address.