Re: How to help debian-doc

Hi Craig,

So that is the preferred method for updating existing documentation - just list the changes here?  Any preferred format (like a diff)?  Or is a simple "this section is outdated, here's its up to date replacement" sent to the mailing list sufficient?

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Craig Small <csmall@debian.org> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 01:55:50PM -0500, Robert W. Oliver II wrote:
>    I think creating documentation externally then sharing it here is probably
>    the best way forward.  Thanks for the recommendation!
As Osamu said, it's a do-ocracy! The best first steps is to find
something you really think needs fixing and you know you can fix and do
that. A particular document or part of document you read and think
"wow, that's so outdated" or "I really think that could be tweaked so
people like me understand it better" is where I'd be looking.

Documentation is the unloved step-child of all programming projects
including Debian, so the more the merrier. Just make sure it can be
maintained; to stretch the analogy even more, we don't want any orphans.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org/      csmall at : debian.org