Re: Things to check in release notes

On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 07:29:30PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>> [...]  I don't see any sign of consolekit issues (ck-list-sessions
>> tells me "is-local = TRUE").  So why are the release-notes advising me
>> to stop using startx?
>
> Apparently not everyone has such success. #690127 is the RN bug, which
> links to (amongst others) #598150.

Ah, "When not using k/g/lightdm the consolekit session is not
considered active".  Indeed, "active = FALSE"... apparently that's a
bad thing, and consolekit has been broken on my system for the past
few years, in which case apparently I don't need it for anything.

Testing the workarounds in the buglogs I find that inserting the extra
line in /etc/pam.d/common-session works: now "active = TRUE".

But good news, everyone!  Apparently we're going to be migrating away
from consolekit in favour of some new scheme called logind - so
there's always a chance that this time we'll get man pages.