Re: Things to check in release notes

On Jo, 02 mai 13, 17:24:10, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Justin B Rye wrote:
> > Now the big one. [...]
>
> Here's the second half of the proofreading sweep for upgrading.dbk
> (if fantasy movies are allowed two-part finales these days, so am I).
> I hope I'm successfully keeping track of the sections that have been
> "commented out".

Hi Justin,

Have a look also at this paragraph (hint: "The ia32-libs is now a
transitional..."):

<section arch="amd64" id="ia32libs">
<title>Transitioning from ia32-libs to multiarch</title>
<para>
Debian &release; now features multiarch, which allows one to install packages
from different architectures on the same system. The
<systemitem role="package">ia32-libs</systemitem> is now a transitional
package to make use of this new functionality. If you have
<systemitem role="package">ia32-libs</systemitem> installed, you need to
enable multiarch before upgrading this package. Otherwise APT will output
the following message:
<screen>
 ia32-libs : Depends: ia32-libs-i386 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages
</screen>
</para>

Kind regards,