Re: Error in publication of Release Notes at the website - fixed (was Re: Build logs for Squeeze Release Notes?)

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 12:21:20PM +0100, Ask Hjorth Larsen wrote:
> 2011/2/6 Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@debian.org>:
> > For other editors: when adding *new* languages to the Makefile, please always
> > add them *at*the*end* (not alphabetically) of the 'LANGUAGES' varialbe. At
> > least until build for all the targets is confirmed as working OK for them.
> >
> > The way it was now, an error in 'da'  was affecting all the other languages
> > which are (alphabetically) listed afterwards.
> >
> > PS: I'm unsure whether this affected the build of CDs/DVDs as there was a
> > manual run of this and I don't know where do the CDs/DVDs pick up the final
> > content for the Release Notes from.

As there is no package for release-notes, debian-cd picks the release-notes in
the .tar.gz form from the website.
So yes, FAIL :(

[..]
> Hi, how do you test the release notes?  Does someone have a link or a readme?

Not someone, there are README and README.translators in the SVN:
http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/ddp/manuals/trunk/release-notes/README.translators?view=log

--
Simon Paillard