Status of Release Notes before the release (was Re: Please update ....)

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 08:44:53PM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> As you might have already read [1] the current target date for the release of
> Debian 6.0 - "Squeeze"  is the next weekend (5th and 6th Februrary).
>
> This means that translators should be working throughout this week on the
> Release Notes if they want their (finished) translations to be available
> on the initial CD/DVD/BD disk sets.

[ ... 6 days after ... ]

I'm happy to see that the Release Notes are currently in very good shape for
nine languages: German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese,
Romanian, Russian and Swedish.

Thank you all for your outstanding work!

Please note that there were some last minute changes today [1] which might
have fuzzied some of your translations. This should be easy to fix, however.

The other languages (12) are not yet up-to-date, some of these seem to not
have seen any work since the Release Notes were translated for Lenny. I would
like to encourage the other teams to update their translations as the Release
Notes are a primary source for users upgrading to the next Debian release.

As I said in my previous email, you can still work on the Release Notes after
the release of Squeeze. Changes introduced will be seen in the website and
will be included in the media of the next minor release of Debian 6.0

Have a nice release!

Regards

Javier

[1]