Bug#459343: marked as done (developers reference: uploads to stable need a mail to debian-release to be considered)
Your message dated Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:02:03 +0000
with message-id <E1K78up-0004I8-LW@ries.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#459343: fixed in developers-reference 3.4.0
has caused the Debian Bug report #459343,
regarding developers reference: uploads to stable need a mail to debian-release to be considered
to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact email@example.com with problems
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: developers reference: uploads to stable need a mail to debian-release to be considered
- From: Luk Claes <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 18:58:16 +0100
- Message-id: <477FC538.firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Please make it more clear that uploads to stable / oldstable do need a
mail to email@example.com
* It would also be good to not use stable-proposed-updates if uploading
is mentioned as uploading to stable-proposed-updates doesn't work.
* Mentioning oldstable / oldstable-proposed-updates might also make sense...
* Uploading security updates is mentioned as a deprecated practice, I
think it would be better to link to the section about security uploads
and mention that security issues not considered for a DSA can still be
considered for proposed-updates...
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
developers-reference, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Lucas Nussbaum <email@example.com> (supplier of updated developers-reference package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:45:49 +0200
Binary: developers-reference developers-reference-fr
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Debian Documentation Project <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Lucas Nussbaum <firstname.lastname@example.org>
developers-reference - guidelines and information for Debian developers
developers-reference-fr - guidelines and information for Debian developers, in French
Closes: 278267 376582 454216 456494 459343 467102 470754 475531 483223 483225 483226 483230 483231 483237 483242 483428 484806 485837 485969
developers-reference (3.4.0) unstable; urgency=low
[ Lucas Nussbaum ]
* Update Vcs-* fields after DDP's SVN restructuring. Closes: #483428.
* Fix conditions for updates from unstable to testing. Closes: #470754.
* linda has been removed. Remove section A.2.2. Closes: #483242.
* Co-maintainers are listed in the Uploaders field. Closes: #483230.
* Collaborative Maintenance: the 'global part' of debian/control
is the first paragraph, about the source package. Closes: #483231.
* debian-private archives are on master. Closes: #475531.
* Mention Debian Maintainers and the debian-maintainers package.
* README.contrib: document that short lines are preferred.
* build-rdeps allows to list reverse build-dependencies.
[ Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt ]
* Replace abused <emphasis> tags with <literal> tags.
* In the same spirit, wrap all uses of stable/testing/unstable and
release codenames in <literal>
* Remove reference to upload queue on auric in section 5.6.5, auric
doesn't exist anymore.
* Fix several typesetting errors and typos noticed by Sandro Tosi,
thanks for the notes! Closes: #483223
* Update several bits about release management/testing transitions
and release-critical bugs. Closes: #483237, #456494
* Update and rewrite the porting guidelines in chapter 5, bringing
the dev-ref up to the state of porting in the year 2008. Also
fixes several wording issues, such as possible misunderstandings
about the need to rebuild uploads. Closes: #483226
* Update the instructions for uploads to the (old)stable
distributions. Emphasize the importance of contacting the SRM
team before upload. Closes: #459343
* Update instructions for package removal requests. Closes: #454216
* Clarify instructions for bug reassignment, emphasizing the
need to inform the maintainers you reassign the bug to. Also
hint to using cloned bugs to avoid re-reporting. Heavily based
on patch by Marc Haber - thanks for the work! Closes: #484806
* Clarify instructions for replacing/renaming binary packages,
pointing out that using Provides is sometimes advisable. Closes:
* Update description of the madison tool (by replacing it with a
description of the dak ls tool). Update the example while we're
* Update explanation of best practice for closing bugs, seems to
have been forgotten when everything was upgraded to use
debbugs version-tracking. Closes: #485969
* Clarify ITP instructions and emphasize our wish that people send
ITPs, explaining a few of the reasons. Thanks for the note,
Thomas. Closes: #485837
+ Update Uploaders to include Lucas, Raphael and me.
+ Bump Standards-Version to 3.8.0. No changes needed!
20ceacb92bdb2ec9b8f659f70dee77e339de21db 1192 developers-reference_3.4.0.dsc
d770185e9edf94a8eeba436a14dd76f2602bdb32 450209 developers-reference_3.4.0.tar.gz
0cc87fd4186e5c41daf1df5fb735abe017131191 665274 developers-reference_3.4.0_all.deb
ca28df5fa472fe9671a5b9bc6cf42c0feede2c1f 667754 developers-reference-fr_3.4.0_all.deb
f2a39efe0536630bf7adc3d5210c055a7a78d21f23f0feadb6025a9acff0b35a 1192 developers-reference_3.4.0.dsc
bc3b1f724b9dee551ff06fa99f04f2d643fa0e0b094a232b13b1683144a9b7ce 450209 developers-reference_3.4.0.tar.gz
99872b905ee46e7736a2b3186b7523f6dd1c6f241cbb2bd9c3a23f8baf65b778 665274 developers-reference_3.4.0_all.deb
39a290334b7e94b62236f9a0d9781b06a7c7513a77ecf627e58ce7d503dce3e8 667754 developers-reference-fr_3.4.0_all.deb
94bcffb4d6d064943fdb54d2ec5ba7e0 1192 doc optional developers-reference_3.4.0.dsc
f17a9728c32bd1b90edea822e9596fb6 450209 doc optional developers-reference_3.4.0.tar.gz
d1b61946fd70e9a5bab9e1c41e40611a 665274 doc optional developers-reference_3.4.0_all.deb
77334088d39e037078ea57b80e98ce89 667754 doc optional developers-reference-fr_3.4.0_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---