Re: Errors with Release Notes translation

On Friday 06 April 2007 15:22, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 06 April 2007 13:53, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
> > debiandoc2latexps: ERROR: release-notes.fi.dvi could not be generated
> > properly debiandoc2latexps: rerun with the -v option to found out why
> > debiandoc2latexps: or check the log file release-notes.fi.log
> > make: *** [release-notes.fi.ps] Virhe 1
>
> I have seen something similar and the cause was that the encoding of
> one or more characters was wrong.
> I'll see if I can spot anything wrong.

Found the error. It is not the "Ä", but the translations of Gujarati and
Punjabi. The "ž" character in those make 'iconv' fail to recode the sgml
file to latin1 and that causes all sorts of problems (the HTML file is
encoded in a mixture of latin1 and UTF-8 ATM).

If I replace the "ž" by a normal "z", everything goes fine. Of course that
is not the correct solution, but at least you now know where the problem
comes from.

Cheers,
FJP