Re: DDP CVS commit by fjp: ddp/manuals.sgml/release-notes/en release-note ...

On Monday 02 April 2007 15:58, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> I was considering writing up a section about "Problems with
> virtualization technologies" (under "5.1 Potential problems")
> mentioning Xen, UML, and Vmware, how udev renaming might break their
> network configuration and how to fix that.

I would limit it to mentioning that there may be issues when replacing
hardware or when devices don't have fixed MAC addresses, but not go into
details about solving them.

Note that I use VMWare extensively and have not had any problems with it.
VMWare has a lot of options for setting up networking though.