Re: Kernel upgrade usr/src/linux

Antony Gelberg wrote:

>Not Debian applications AFAIK. Also, from /usr/share/doc/kernel-package/README.gz :
>| To use this package to create kernel-image packages, you need to get
>| the kernel source (available from your favorite Linux archive),
>| unpack your kernel somewhere. Preferably somewhere other than
>| /usr/src/linux (more on this later).

Which is precisely what I have done.

>the user is meant to leave all management of /usr to dpkg, excluding /usr/local. Again, I have no reference to hand, although Martin Krafft mentions it in his book.

Unfortunately I am stuck with a non-Debian module that makes calls to /usr/src/linux. I get the impression that this is likely to be fairly common for Debian users who need to use some non Debian software. Making /usr/src/linux a symlink seems to satisfy the "foreign" software without putting any files where they should not be.

>If you feel the release notes are incomplete, then a bug report is probably the way to go (preferably with a patch)

I have done so.