Re: debiandoc2pot

* Nikolai Prokoschenko <nikolai@prokoschenko.de> [2005-05-30 09:21] :
> Hello!
>
> I'm currently using debiandoc2pot to translate the release notes to
> russian. Yesterday I've noticed some inconsistence in the
> SGML-conditionals in the pot-file. It turned out that the paragraph
>
> ---
> </example></p>
>
> <![ %sparc [
> 		<package>initrd-tools</package>.
> ]]>
> <![ %hppa [
> ]]>
> ---
>
> gets converted to
>
> ---
> tools</package>. ]]>
> ---
>
> ('%sparc' and '%hppa' conditionals got lost)
>
> inside the pot-file. So far I couldn't find any explanation for this -
> I've made sure I had not any relevant packages from experimental
> installed, tried running debiandoc2pot in a C locale, it just doesn't work
> as it should.
>
> On the other side I've seen the french and dutch team using po-files,
> which look ok. I hope someone can help me find a reason for this mess - it
> is probably just some wrong configuration on my system - but I really
> don't have a clue... :(

Hello Nikolai,

I have stopped using debiandoc2pot for the French translation after
having similar problems to yours (and I have reverted to changing the
.sgml file directly). This appendix was not correctly converted in the
.pot file. I did not have time to investigate this issue, but I suspect
it is a problem with debiandoc2pot itself and not your configuration.

Sorry to not be able to help you more.

Fred