Re: Sarge Release Notes - Status update
Well, yes, I agree, it is really a pain catching up the updates.
But, on the other side, everyone has difficulties. I suggest we
understand each other.
It seems I should set up to work... Com'on!
Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 07:10:57PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
The release has been postponed by one week and is now planned for the
weekend of June 4/5.
!!! This means that the deadline for translations is: Thursday June 2. !!!
The current revision (1.50) should be your next target for translation.
Translations for earlier revisions will be removed from the website on
Friday June 3!
Making constant changes to the Release Notes without advance notice is
really a pain in the ass. You previously said that translators could work
throughout the weekend to finish this up. If you changed plans you could
have e-mailed all of them (it's not such a big list) to ask the to hold off
until all the changes had been made.
I understand it was necessary, but communicating properly and giving larger
"string freezes" would help a lot. Unfortunately, you've moved to the
target to a non-weekend which means that many translators (well, me at
least) might not be able to fulfill the deadline in time even though we've
been struggling to keep the translation in sync.
Oh well.... :-(