Re: I want to translate the help system of Synaptic

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 03:02:32PM +0200, Günter Thaler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I browsed the german Debian web site http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp and I
> want to translate the help text of Synaptic into German. I have
> installed Ubuntu 5.04.

Well, you should read the German section of the i18n pages :
http://www.debian.org/international/German/

and ask for help on the german localization mailing list instead of debian-doc.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-german/

But, if you want to translate the integrated help of synaptic (i.e.
not a Debian-related doc), I assume that it should be done with
upstream dev. I see that there are l10n-related e-mails on the
synaptic-devel mailing list
(http://savannah.nongnu.org/mail/?group=synaptic). Must be the place
where you can work ;)

Regards,