automating upgrade preparations

Hi

I've made some tweaks to the shell script I circulated last month, which
automates most of the checks in i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html.

About the only thing I can think of to add is adding a command-line
switch that would prevent the script making copies of any sensitive
files in /etc/ (passwd, host keys), or a warning text printed to the
standard output.

There's been relatively little comment on it so far. Is it worth trying
to provide a tool like this? My thought was perhaps it would be useful
as an appendix to the release notes.

Cheers
Vince