Re: debiandoc-sgml for CJK ps/pdf build

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 04:45:00PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 01:09:37AM +0200, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > Does anyone successful in using debiandoc-sgml with CJK source and PS or
> > PDF build?
> >
> > Background:
> > I have been experimenteng with patched debiandoc2latex* scripts.
> > I can not build it but my chiinese translator reports successful.
> > I think it is dependancy issue.  I am wondering how others are doing...
>
> I wasn't able to do it with maint-guide.zh_CN.sgml on my fresh sid system :(

OK so it was not only me but someone had tried too.

> I think that last time I checked the TeX logs, they said special fonts
> were missing. Now, that's a bit strange, because my Mozilla doesn't seem
> to complain when it has to display CJK characters... perhaps TeX doesn't
> fall back to default fonts gracefully.

As I know, we need to install cjk-latex and its "recommends:" fonts
first.  Then you need to patch tex file created by debiandoc2latex with
font available on your system and tell tex to use CJK.  Then convert
problematic 16 bit sequence to compatible one.  Then it should work...
Yes it should.  So far, I have partial success.

My German translator Jens has been working hard to improve PS and PDF
build process.  Once done, maybe we will ask Ardo to incorporate changes
made to make this happen for everyone.

Stay tune...

Osamu