RE: [Newbiedoc-discuss] Would wiki be a better way of doing this

bart@indymedia.org [mailto:bart@indymedia.org] wrote:

>from my experience with wiki's.

>I think it's a great tool for collaborative working (like writing
documentation).
>But afaik it lacks some things: it's an online medium. how will you get
newbiedocs
>out of wiki into a format that people can download ?

Most wikies store the docs in text files which can be extracted. Next the
LDP (Linux Documentation Project) has a wiki engine that outputs Docbook.
Since Kwiki, used on DebianWiki, is supposed to be so easy to enhance why
not mod Kwiki to output SGML/Docbook on demand.

>like now newbiedoc is also a normal .deb package that people can get
through apt-get. would
>that be possible ?

Once the document has matured, in that no one is making modifications it
could be transferred to newbiedoc. My main concern is to get the document
created in the first place. I'm sure we can figure out the best way to
publish it when we've produced the documents.

Regards,

Andrew Ballantine
aballantine@willowbrook.co.uk