Re: Fwd: Rejecting NM applicant Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 09:42:00PM +0200, Bartosz Fe?ski aka fEnIo wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 11:08:37AM -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> > > Just a suggestion to our NM advocates: when you have someone assigned
> > > to you, try to learn a bit about him/her before judging his/her
> > > celebrity.
> > Bzzzt.  Why should our process be easier for celebrities?  The WHOLE
> > process sucks, this isn't news.  Just most of us are too apathetic
> > (including me!) to do anything about it.
> That's very nice. You should remember that non-DD can observe this
> discussion. I am at a first stage of proccess of becaming a Debian Developer.
> And such an opinion isn't helpful for me at all.
> You know that proccess is sick, but you do nothing to change it.
> It isn't optimistic for me :/

I believe that Free Software development require very motivated person.
I feel very concern with the difficulties Noman had to face to, I wish
Norman consider re-applying.

Applicant managers are aware how tricky this situation is. As far as
i am concerned I try to help, and I am doing my best in oder we don't
let people in a limbo.

Cheers,

P.S. I guess there is no need to put debian-private on Cc: here
--
                                Pierre Machard
<pmachard@debian.org>                                 http://debian.org