Re: Fwd: Rejecting NM applicant Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>

Hi David,

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, David N. Welton wrote:

> As someone said, the process selects for people that are good at
> dealing with beaurocracy.

I tend to disagree with you here. It is true that somehow the NM process
involves some burocracy but it also forces the applicant to expand her/his
knowledge across several aspect of the project that otherwise would be
underestimated.

> I would like to see a meritocracy.  You do good things (making .deb's,
> helping out), you get added.  It would waste people's time less,
> because applicants who weren't ready wouldn't get added, and those who
> were would be invited.

Usually without these requirements it is even hard to find a sponsor that
will advocate you for the process.

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html