Re: Fwd: Rejecting NM applicant Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>

csmall@enc.com.au (Craig Small) writes:

> To say there is a problem with the NM process just because someone
> is a prolific Free Sfotware developer chooses not to follow it is
> not a good reason at all.  Being a maintainer in Debian is more than
> coding software. Your comments show your ignorance of what the
> process is trying to do.

As someone said, the process selects for people that are good at
dealing with beaurocracy.

> I don't see anywhere in our documents where it says if you are a
> well-known Free Software developer you automatically get Debian
> maintainership.

I would like to see a meritocracy.  You do good things (making .deb's,
helping out), you get added.  It would waste people's time less,
because applicants who weren't ready wouldn't get added, and those who
were would be invited.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/