Re: DebianDoc-SGML outstanding issues

Hi
Are you closing them completely or giving "wontfix".

I think it deserves "wontfix" :-) so you will not get bugged.

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 04:45:58PM -0600, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While going through the list of outstanding issues for debiandoc-sgml
> I started to wonder whether these all are still applicable.  Below is
> the list of outstanding issues and my proposal for each of them.
>
>  1. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=14748
>     request for a part tag
>
>     This seemed a nice idea at the time (this actually came forth from
>     the begin period of the DDP), but it's better to use docbook-xml
>     if one needs this.
>
>     Proposal = close

seconded.

>  2. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=14750
>     request for a chapter specific copyright tag
>
>     This also came from the begin period of the DDP.  I'm not sure
>     whether we really need something like this.
>
>     Proposal = close

seconded.

>  3. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=14923
>     new <ref> tag for cross references
>
>     This also came from the begin period of the DDP and is still very
>     applicable in its concept.  We really needd support in Debian for
>     a kind of document catalog system.  See the bug report for all the
>     details.
>
>     Proposal = reassign to e.g. doc-base

I am ok without this feature.  I have no opinion on how you deal withg
this.

>  4. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=30734
>     Request for <translator> tag
>
>     This is something I would like get feedback about from the
>     translators as to which extend we need this.
>
>     Proposal = close

I am ok without this feature. I have no opinion on how you deal withg
this.

>  5. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=63318
>     Add an id attribute to <item>
>
>     Proposal = implement

It will be nice :-)

>  6. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=137998
>     Add an id attribute to all elements
>
>     Proposal = implement

It will be nice :-)

>  7. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=140684
>     <figure> tag
>
>     Proposal = implement

It will be nice :-)
#2 priority in terms of usefulness.

>  8. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=141727
>
>     Proposal = implement

It will be nice :-) Please make sure conversion to docbook-xml is easy.
#1 priority in terms of usefulness.  But a bit complicated.

If you do this, I can stay in debiandoc-sgml longer.

>  9. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=145999
>     request for lettered items in list
>
>     Proposal = implement

It will be nice :-)
Not critical.

> 10. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=147623
>     <enumlist> with choice of indexing
>
>     Note: Not all intermediate formats support this.
>
>     Proposal = implement

It will be nice :-)
Not critical.

> Then there are also some outstanding issues for debiandoc-sgml-doc:
>
> 1. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=31654
>
>    Proposal = implement

Why not.

> 2. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=43718
>
>    Proposal = implement

Please.  I think we need some guidance in how to build CJK things for
PS/PDF, if you can.  I am asamed to admit that I do not know it.

> 3. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=102926
>
>    Proposal = implement

OK.

> 4. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=155377
>
>    Proposal = implement

You mention fixed in reply.  I fogot why was not fixed then.

> 5. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=181576
>
>    Status = fixed in next upload
>
> I'm slowly working on a reorg/rewrite of the manual.

Thanks.

> Finally, there's also the Brazilian translation of the DebianDoc-SGML
> manual (package = debiandoc-sgml-doc-pt-br).  Upon my reorg/rewrite of
> the original the translation will be out-of-date.  I will upload a
> version to keep the package itself in sync with debiandoc-sgml-doc
> (packaging wise, that is).  What do we do with this one?  Put it in
> the DDP CVS and call for more translation (after the upcoming
> reorg/rewrite)?

No opinion.

        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>   Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract