First version of "How Software Producers ..."

Hi,

the very first version of "How Software Producers Can Distribute Their
Products Directly in .deb Format" is available at

http://www.isotton.com/debian/docs/distribute-deb.xml
http://www.isotton.com/debian/docs/distribute-deb.html

It isn't finished yet, and some of the most important parts are still
only in my head.  However, here a few things:

- I'm no native English speaker.  Please point out any typos, errors
  or badly written sentences.  I'm glad if you do so.  (No, I haven't
  ispelled it yet).

- I've never set up a debian development environment on a non-debian
  machine.  Are there any documents I could read about that?

- I've never set up a debian repository.  Where can I read more about
  that?

- Is the GFDL an appropriate license?

- Should I encourage the use of non-free, or is it better not to have
  non-free packages in Debian at all?

- Is it normal that calling xsltproc directly takes about 2-3 seconds
  and xmlto about 20-30?

- Please send your feedback to the lists as well if possible.  I
  appreciate when other people comment what you say.  So I know when
  it's no good :)

--
Aaron Isotton

http://www.isotton.com/