Re: Debian documentation

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 01:31:20PM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> Em Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:09:55 +0200, Josip Rodin <joy@gkvk.hr> escreveu:
> > How about using whatever is technically easiest to do, and making two
> > indices, one sorted by language, and another one sorted by document?
>
> A nice idea... but what would that indice be? An html file listing the
> docs (don't forget .txt, .ps, etc)?

Starting with an /usr/share/doc/00INDEX.lang.txt and 00INDEX.lang.html would come to mind.
Especially ...

> Should we fix doc-base to create those?

... if they are created by some automated tool. Like doc-base. So I
guess that means, that soeone has to get his hands dirty.

> A coherent filesystem layout is  good, anyway...

Yes, if it is there. Talking about it is not much use for our users ;-)

Regards, David
--
Signaturen sind wie Frauen. Man findet selten eine Vernuenftige.
	-- gesehen in at.linux