Re: Release notes

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 05:24:03PM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 11:13:48AM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 03:36:39PM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > "Debian 3.0 is much more secure that previous releases. The base installation provides
> (...)
> > packages from Debian that do not verify correctly, limiting the possibility of
> > trojan packages and making it easier for systems to automatically upgrade over the
> >                               ^^^^^^ safer?
> > Internet. Lastly, Debian also provides extensive documentation for the security aware
>
> 	How about "and making it possible for administrators to set systems to securely
> and automatically upgrade over..."

One of my goals when writing for public consumption is to keep things as
simple as possible while still being accurate. How's this:

... limiting the possibility of
trojan packages and making it possible for administrators to securely
and automatically upgrade their system.

> 	Fine by me. BTW, I checked boot-floppies and there are translations for 19
> languages (are they all up to date? Don't know, ask Adam :)

19 is too many to list, so once we find the number of complete translations
we should just give that number.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org