Re: Debiandoc vs Linuxdoc

Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo.van.rangelrooij@tip.nl> writes:
> apharris@burrito.onshore.com (Adam P. Harris) writes:
> > Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo.van.rangelrooij@tip.nl> writes:
> > > Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@ieeesb.etsit.upm.es> writes:

> > Anyhow, I'm hoping that debiandoc-sgml can be outfitted with a method
> > of referring to document-ids.  So you could say:
> >
> >   <docref id="packaging-manual">
> >
> > or
> >
> >   <ref type="debiandoc" id="packaging-manual">
> >
> > Thoughts?

> Are you sure you've not been peeking at bug #14923? ;-)  We already
> had a discussion on this in May last year resulting in the proposal
> described in this bug report.  The proposal is to implement your
> second suggestion which is also known as a URN (I think the DDP
> hompage as a link to a website on this).  There're some small issues
> which still need to be worked out (mainly directory and file name
> related), but I'll post the proposal and the issues to debian-doc when
> I'm ready to work on this (not to have the discussion again but to
> resolve the issues).

Actually assuming you have a centralize document store already, which
takes care of going from docid to file already, a lot of these issues
are already taken care of.

I guess it's a long way off for us and for you before we start
implementing, but I just wanted to point out that a lot of the
suggestions from that bug directly relate to the overall
Docuementation Policy.