Re: Yet another Linux distribution! :-)

Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com> writes:
> I read with interest Bruce's post that he wants to work on another
> Linux distribution.  :-)
[...]
> Here are my plans:
>
> I plan to develop some documentation and live tutorial technology
> which will go far beyond what any free software app currently has.
> The whole system will be keyed off of the documentation - rather than
> leaving it as an afterthought.  Much of the work I'm going to put into
> preparing documents and metadata for LinuxHQ and dwww will also go
> into this new system.

Jim, I read this with interest.  Have you seen Marcus and my work on
the Debian 2.1 documentation registry subsystem?  As the dwww
maintainer, are you don the debian-doc@lists.debian.org list?

We are looking to create a unified document storage system with hooks
for document installation, display, searching, and conversion.  Right
now we're trying to 'sync and stabilize' all the debian-doc
discussions since over a year ago.  Marcus is working on a unified
document heirarchy, and I'm working on the document registration
control file and the centralized document store.

While I'm talking at you, what's up with dwww?  It's practically
unusable on my machine these days.  Do you want some non-maintainer
help on that?  I'm pretty good at Perl; I hereby volunteer!  If we
dont' fix some problems there soon, it's likely we'll have to drop
dwww for hamm, which would be a shame.