Re: Debiandoc vs Linuxdoc

Hi,

I'm the current maintainer of the debiandoc-sgml package.

Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@ieeesb.etsit.upm.es> writes:

> 	I was wondering the other day when I translated the New Debian
> Maintainer HOWTO about the differences between debiandoc and
> linuxdoc-sgml. Specifically I wanted to know why debiandoc hasn't got a
> url or htmlurl tag (AFAIK only email, and ftp are available). That way
> linking to other documents in the web is no possible.
> 	Is this standard policy or could this be discussed and, possibly,
> changed?

I don't why it isn't in the package but maybe Ian Jackson can shed a
light on this.  It's AFAIK certainly no policy.  I guess it wasn't
deemed necessary at the time of the design of the package.

Fortunately for you (and others :-) this is one of the things I'm
currently working on to add to the package.  Since I will be out of
town the last two weeks of May this will not be available until
somewhere in June.

Are there more things you find missing of different or ... ?  I can't
garuantee all your wishes will be met (we like to keep the package
well-designed and thought-through), but maybe we can accomodate you.

> 	Javi

Thanks,

Ardo
--