a question of licensing

Hi

I've received a few comments about my choice of license for a HOWTO
that I've submitted (and had approved as of this morning) to the LDP. I've
selected the GNU FDL. This seems to be a problem for some people on the
debian-user list.

Thread starts here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200307/msg00011.html

I do not intend to use invariant sections in my documentation, so I do not
understand why there is a problem with the license I've selected. Has
Debian produced an official statement for documentation licenses? The only
one I have found is on: http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines
which isn't specific to documentation. I also do not intend for my
documentation to be released by Debian, (nor do I plan to re-write it
using DebianDoc) although it seems as though Debian uses the LDP?

I thank you in advance for any comments you may have about the licensing
of documentation. Could you please let me know if this should be directed
to another list?

thanks!

emma

--