Re: [Summary]: Another take on package relationship substvars

Niels Thykier:
Hi

It seems the discussion on this topic has settled, so I am now doing a summary of the discussion as I understand it.

  * Generally, the original proposal seems to have been received
    favorably at a conceptual level.

[...]

A follow up on this:

 * The proposal is now implemented in debhelper compat 14 (as of version
   13.15+) and debputy (0.1.21+).

 * The `debputy` migration tool will flag any obsolete substvars that
   are 1:1 with what `debputy` would have applied for you. No tool for
   debhelper-based packages exist at this time.

 * Lintian is not updated yet and will still complain about missing
   relationship substvars. I have filed #1067653 to have that changed.

I expect this to be final on this topic for this round. :)

Best regards,
Niels