Re: Package marked for autoremoval due to closed bug?

Hi,

Disclaimer: exception only valid while the time_t transition is ongoing.

On 15-03-2024 6:15 a.m., Steve Langasek wrote:
Migration to testing is largely out of control of the maintainers at this
point, it's very much dependent on folks rebootstrapping armel and armhf
against the new library names.  Should these bugs be downgraded again to
important severity?

As I'm normally watching out for out-of-sync packages, I'm fine (with my Release Team hat on) with maintainers downgrading RC bugs in testing that have been fixed in unstable and that don't require a quick update in testing (e.g. security issues probably warrant discussing the tpu path with the RT). Once time_t 64 bit is done, I'll be filling bugs for packages that don't migrate again, so the lack of the fix in testing won't go unnoticed.

For bookkeeping purposes, please usertag downgraded bugs with user release.debian.org@packages.debian.org and usertag time_t-downgrade.

Please be careful with downgrading RC bugs.

Paul