Re: proposal: dhcpcd-base as standard DHCP client starting with Trixie

Hi,

On Mon, 2023-06-19 at 13:54 +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> I hereby propose bin:dhcpcd-base:
>
> 1) already supported by ifupdown.
> 2) dual stack (DHCPv4, Bonjour, RA, DHCPv6 with PD) with privilege
> separation.
> 3) writes both IPv4 and IPv6 name servers to /etc/resolv.conf
> 4) supports /etc/resolv.conf.head and /etc/resolv.conf.tail
> 5) a mere inet line in /etc/network/interfaces is sufficient to
> configure both stacks.

why not switch to systemd-networkd + networkmanager for gui installs?

I'm not sure how well NM is integrated with systemd-networkd now, but I
would rather spend time on supporting such a combination and getting
rid of all the old ways of configuring networking stuff than
implementing yet another "client" solution.

Bernd