Re: Resuming snapshot.debian.org for Debian Ports

Hi,

Quoting John Paul Adrian Glaubitz (2024-02-13 00:33:03)
> (Please CC me in replies as I'm not subscribed to debian-devel)

then maybe you have missed the last time this topic came up:

https://lists.debian.org/169097599149.3513878.11315997455981479167@localhost

> does anyone know whether there are any plans to resume snapshot.debian.org
> for Debian Ports?

I'd also like snapshot.debian.org to resume normal operations for Debian
proper. As of today, there should be 48 snapshots for February but there are
only 9. I see this issue regularly via failure mails from my metasnap.d.n
service cron job. This is making software like debbisect less reliable than
they could be.

My hope is, that whatever changes are needed for ports will also fix the rest?

> The service has been unavailable for some months and the lack of snapshots
> means that it becomes more difficult to fix the buildd queue once it has
> become stuck due to Mini-DAK as used by Debian Ports not supporting cruft
> [1].

And when you say "some months" it has actually been half a year without a
snapshot for ports:

http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/

This is a truly sad situation.

Thanks for bringing this up (again)!