Re: Transparency into private keys of Debian

> In business, such things are confirmed (often badly) by independent
> audit. For a volunteer-driven community effort, we have to rely on
> everyone to exercise their best judgement in these sorts of matters.

Debian could also get independent, professional audits. I think it would be a good use of the Debian pot of money, for example. Or someone could submit a proposal to get Debian audited. I'll be either Open Tech Fund or NLnet would do it:

https://www.opentech.fund/labs/red-team-lab/

Open Tech Fund already funds Tails, which is based on Debian.

.hc